Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Birthday card

I made this card for the DAT'S Designing Divas blog challenge. Right now the challenge is suspended due to my city being a "disaster" from a failed pumping station. About 300 families were affected. My place is fine...but unfortunately DAT'S my LSS is not. It has been closed since the big rainfall. Donna, the stores owner...has her home attached to the store...and has been forced to move in with her family as her home isn't livable right now. Not to mention that her gorgeous scraproom was in the basement and is totalled. She was able to save some items...but lost so much. Therefore...our challenges are on hold until this can all be fixed.We were to make a Canada Day card or a birthday card. I chose to do a Birthday card. I used this beautiful new line of paper from MME-On the Sunny side. Thanks for looking...Lee-Ann :)

Recipe:

  • MME-On the Sunnyside paper pad-*
  • Bazzill-kraft and white and chocolate scraps-*
  • CTMH-chocolate and brown bag ink
  • We R Memory Keepers brown twine-*
  • American Crafts-wooden button-*
  • Cricut Carts-Paisley and Elegant edges carts
  • EK Success-border and corner punches-*
  • Joyslife.com-Wildlife puns stampset
  • My Pink Stamper-Biggie punnies stampset
All starred products were purchased at DAT'S-my fav LSS.

7 comments:

Georgiana said...

Your card is absolutely awesome, but I am so sorry to hear about the total disaster in the city.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Ok, I am loving that adorable little owl - so cute made with that printed paper. Love the way he is perched on the sentiment mat! I'm so sorry to hear about the flooding in your area. How terrible for the families affected...and to lose a whole scrapping room...oh my goodness! Happy that you were not affected but hugs to those who were.

Bananastamper said...

Another fantastic card! Love the sentiment too of course! I also have this paper pack and am loving it!

Lydia said...

Oh my goodness this guy is so adorable, love your color choice too!! Very Nice!!

Tracey said...

I love your owl! It is adorable.
Hus

June Houck said...

Super fun owl card and perfect paper choices. Beautiful!

Janice W. said...

So sad to hear of your friend Donna's disaster. :(