Sunday, July 3, 2011

Game Controller card

I made this card for my girlfriend's soon to be 16 year old son Dayton. Like most boys his age...he's video game driven. I used the Cricut cart Wrap it Up. This had to be the easiest card ever. The only problem was that the front oval was supposed to lift then you could write inside...but then the card wouldn't be able to stand...I hate that. I ended up making another base and top oval piece and adhering it to the top oval. Voila...a card that stands. I pop dotted the second oval control piece to give it a 3D effect.

Recipe:
  • Bazzill-grey
  • DCWV-Metallic stack-silver
  • red yellow green blue and white cardstock scraps
  • Fiskar-tag punch
  • Making Memories eyelet
  • white satin 1/8" ribbon
  • CTMH-Birthday stamp set-in and out sentiments, black ink
  • Cricut cart-Wrap it Up

3 comments:

Bananastamper said...

How fun is this? My boys would love it!!!

Danderella said...

What a great boy card! So unique, and I love that you altered it to make it stand up...these would totally work as birthday invites too!

Kimberly said...

this is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!