Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Christmas Ornament 2011

Every year I make Christmas ornaments to place on everyone's place setting for Christmas dinner. This is the ornament that I came up with this year. I saw a similar ornament online...can't remember where...but it was painted. The swirl was then painted on top. I thought...adorable ornament...but too much work. I adapted this one by using the pledge floorwax technique and Martha Stewart glitter...inside the ornament. Then I finnished it off with a swirl cut with my Cricut Expression out of Cricut vinyl. I then wrapped the ornaments in cellophane and tied them with ribbon odds and ends. I love how these look like those little  peppermint candies. These ornaments were so simple to make.

Recipe:
  1. plastic 4" disc shaped ornaments from Michael's
  2. Pledge with Future floorwax
  3. Martha Stewart-Garnet Glitter
  4. Cricut white vinyl-3ml
  5. Cricut cart-Wrap it up (swirl)
  6. christmas ribbon odds and ends

5 comments:

Danderella said...

These are fabulous! I've seen your ornaments before, but I think this is my favorite. One of these days I'll have to get you to show me that Pledge/Glitter technique...sounds like it would be great for a kids birthday party!

Bananastamper said...

Wow! Love how this turned out! So fun! I remember you telling me about this technique, will have to try it out1

JoNeita said...

What a great gift idea. Thank you for joining us at the FCCB Vinyl University!!!

Missy said...

Super ornament, I love how you packaged it! Thanks for joining FCCB's Vinyl Cricut Crawl this week!!

Heather said...

I love your ornaments! The do look like peppermint candies the way you have them packaged! Thanks for joining the vinyl challenge at FCCB this week!