Friday, July 13, 2012

Apple of my eye.

I know...you guys are probably saying...enough with the fruit.Well this little card just was too cute not to make. I flipped his little mouth over so he's smiling. I also used Diamond glaze on his glasses...I had to do this twice...the first time the glasses curled...when I straightened them...they cracked. the second time I assembled the glasses on the Cricut mat and applied the glaze and let it dry in place...and volia...perfectly flat...I'm going to have to remember that for next time I use that glaze. I love how his glasses are all shiny like real ones. Thanks for looking...Lee-Ann :)

*All the starred products came from DAT'S Scrapbooking

Recipe:

  1. Cricut cart Wild Card 2-card cut at 4.5"
  2. Bazzill-Kraft and brown black and white cardstock*
  3. Bo Bunny double Dot-Wildberry dot and avocado dot*
  4. Diamond glaze*
  5. CTMH-Chocolate ink
  6. My Pink Stamper-Fruit and Veggie Stampset
  7. Cuttlebug embossing folder-seeing spots*
  8. EK Success circle punch 2 1/4"*

11 comments:

Kim H said...

Lee Ann ~ Okay I am so not tired of the fruit at ALL! I LOVE apples so it is TOTALLY working for me! LOL! What a CUTE card! I LOVE the tip you gave too! So funny how something curl up or crack but keeping it on the mat ~ CLEVER idea! Thank You! I will have to keep this in mind too!

tracym110 said...

Oh my!! this is just too cute!! Love the glasses! I NEED (lol!) that embossing folder! :)

Bananastamper said...

So stinkin cute! Hope you are staying cool these days! Yep, I think I need that embossing folder too!
Shanna :)

Denine said...

Oh my Lee-Ann... super adorable. I just love your apple card.
Hugs,

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Another cutie! I broke out my Wild Card 2 cartridge for the first time yesterday and noticed this little guy. I'm gonna have to give him a try - love the glasses. I'll have to remember your tip about the Glossy Accents. Cute, cute, cute!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! Great embossing and of course the fun shape! Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

lovemypaper said...

Very cute!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

So cute Lee-Ann, I love how the apple opens up and then has the circle to write your note... so cute!!! :)

Missy said...

So cute, the embossing & polka dot paper look great!!

Judy said...

Hi Lee-Ann, I think this card is so cute. I love, love the glasses very clever...
Have a wonderful weekend.
Judy

June Houck said...

Cute! Those eye-glasses crack me up :)

My alien card cracked too; I had never had that happen before. Thanks for the tip on letting it dry on the Cricut mat, Lee-Ann. I never would have thought of it! Brilliant :)