Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Themed card-DAT'S Designing Divas Challenge

This is the summer themed card that I came up with originally for the DAT'S designing Divas blog challenge. Right now the challenges are on hold due to local flooding. Anyhoo  Love how this turned out . All the paper and twine came from my fav LSS DAT'S...so did the sentiment stamp :)

Recipe:

  1. Echo Park-Hello Summer paper pad
  2. Doodletwine-baby girl assortment(yellow), boy assortment(green)
  3. Wild Card 2- Cricut Cartridge
  4. Bazzill- kraft,brown, red and green
  5. Cuttlebug embossing folders-Tiny Mosaic, Polka Dots, Houndstooth
  6. Stampin Up buttons
  7. Kraftin' Kimmie-Mermaid Sentiments stamps
  8. EK Success corner punch

11 comments:

Kate said...

Love your card. I can see myself laying on the hammock myself.

Hugs,
Kate

Judie said...

Fantastic card, love the colors. The hammock looks lush.
Happy Sunday

Judie

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Now that's the way to spend summer time...lol! Too, too cute! I love this fun summer scene and that "grass" is just fabulous...what a super fun card!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh this is so awesome... i absolutely love it. i just got the wild card 2.. you are inspiriting me to get it out and play.. This is such a cool card, and i love that hammock .

DIANA L. said...

This is nice I love the sun shining and the comfy looking hammock, but most of all I love the way you used the twine what a super idea.Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Thanks for the info on the meds.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Missy said...

Oh, this is so, so stinkin cute! Love the embossing, the twine, the hammock--one of the cutest cards I've seen out in blog land lately!!! ;)

Jennifer said...

Love the twine grass. You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Your card is so cute! I especially love how you made the grass from twine.
I hope the flooding doesn't hurt anyone you love. All of you are in my prayers.
dmcardmaker at aol dot com

Kim H said...

Okay this card just SCREAMS summer! Eeek! The grass is just FABULOUS and CLEVER! The detials are simply AMAZING!!! Sorry I am stalking you site but I just can't seem to leave! LOL! Your creations are just AMAZING!!! I hope the flooding ends soon for all of those people! We could use rain so bad here! Crazy weather!

Pat N. said...

Wow! this card is super! Love the scene and amazing what you did for the grass!

Kris said...

Wow awesome card but that grass must have been a bitch to do but wow turned out great thanks for showing your shit!!