Monday, January 20, 2014

Scrapping the Little Things...My Creative Time!!












Today is a "Scrapping the Little things" day at My Creative Time. I've decided to make a calendar for my parents for Christmas. Today's layout will be January. I used a plethora of My Creative Time products to make this LO...love it! I don't have any pics as my daughter is away at school...she'll be back in February...unfortunately that means a photo session. My daughter loves it...my son...not so much. Hopefully I can get 3 pics for this LO before they kill each other...I used a stamped sentiment to heat emboss a background piece, and I used the small snowflake die as a mask to sponge the snowflakes on the calendar portion. Well...I guess this is what my DT sister Kim would call a "photo heavy post"...sorry. It was super hard to get good pics of this...I don't know why...Thanks for dropping by...Lee-Ann
**ps-click HERE to check out the other projects!!



Recipe:

  1. My Creative Time products:Stitched circle tab die, circle tab sentiments, card sentiments, fun stitched edge dies, stitched button dies, stitched sweetheart dies, build a banner set, winter flakes dies
  2. Bo Bunny-Snowy Serenade line, Sweet pear double dot, slate double dot, frost double dot
  3. DCWV white glitter paper glitter matt stack
  4. CTMH-Twilight and crystal blue ink
  5. Versamark ink
  6. Stampendous detail white embossing powder
  7. Kaisercraft rhinestones
  8. AC blue jute
  9. Miss Kate Cuttables-January cut @ 6.79x2.435"-Months of the year-All cut

20 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Awesome just awesome your story and your calendar LO idea I love it. What a unique and clever idea. Love so love how you used all of Miss Emma's goodies thanks for the inspiration. I know it's so hard to photo works like this as I do it too and it's all in the lighting and there's nothing better than bright sunlight but most time that's hard to come by but your pics look really good here but I do know how you feel.
You are a very talented gal and oh so creative. Love it all!!!

Charity Chamberlain said...

Give me a second while I pick my chin up from the floor! Lol! This is AMAZING!!! I am speechless! It's the most fantastic calendar I have seen and you haven't even added the pictures yet!! I Absolutely LOVE IT!

Annette Allen said...

wow wee this is really awesome..

Crafting Katie said...

What a great idea for your parents, Lee-Ann! This is going to be an amazing gift! Love your January layout! Your use of snowflakes is awesome! And the little heart banner is too cute!

Creative M said...

WOW! This is absolutely AMAZING!!
Love! Love! Love!
AMAZING creativity!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

candio said...

Super cute calendar page!! I do calendars too and the pics of the kids are the hardest ~ lol!! Can't wait to see February!

Chriss America Real said...

What a great calendar! I know what you mean about those photo sessions; I have the same problem. Beautiful pictures of my daughter with my son scowling next to her!

mickeydee said...

This is such a beautiful calendar page I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the snowflakes, they add such a soft touch....dianne

Gwen said...

Love it! I want one just like it!

Missy said...

What a pretty, pretty layout! I love the paper you used and the little elements, the snowflakes & the banner!

Mindy said...

great layout

DIANA L. said...

Great layout love those papers. Have a great day!
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

quilt4fun2 said...

A calendar is a great gift idea. Good luck getting 3 good pictures of the kids. Maybe if you tell them it is for Grandma. Great use of MCT products.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Lee-Ann, this is amazing!!! Your parents are going to love it!! Absolutely stunning and I love all those gorgeous snowflakes and those little banners are so cute on there! Good luck with the photo shoot! My kids run when they see the camera hehe!

Stacey--DT sister

jessica said...

This is awesome!!! What a GREAT idea and I know your parents will LOVE it!!!!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh my goodness! super cute! you're so smart to start this now, my SIL and I did one years ago for my MIL and tried to go back to recreate the past year in a short amount of time...bad idea! lol!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

What a great gift idea! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Tanya/Nonna said...

Fabulous! What a beautiful layout and great way to display it for a whole month! Love this idea!

Brenda said...

What a fabulous calendar layout! I love all the MCT products that you used, it looks so amazing and I'm sure your parents will love this calendar gift!!

Kim H said...

Lee Ann, Lee Ann, Lee Ann ~ OMG!!! I LOVE this idea! Your parents are going to LOVE it too! Okay all the details and the way you used them is so BRILLIANT, FUN and PERFECT! I just think you put a very popular calendar company out of business! LOL! Seriously BEAUITFUL ~ and I cracked up at your post too! You are so funny! Thanks for the shout out too!