Friday, June 23, 2017

Pop Tones Card Stock and Distress Oxide inks!




Have you ever just wanted to play with a new product to see what happens? That's what happened for today's post. I wanted to play with Pop Tones card stock(that's on sale right now at CutCardStock) and Oxide inks. I've seen people using this ink on dark coloured card stock and I wanted to try it out. It worked perfectly..love the results! Thanks for stopping by...Lee-Ann Kubinec :)

**pan down to check out my full pictorial and to see the products that I used
***Click HERE to see my post at the CutCardStock blog





Card 1 Tutorial

 -choose your products


 -choose more products...

 -oops...even more products...then cut your card stock into 4.25x8.5" for the orange card and 5.5x8.25" and score and fold your bases...then cut a 4.25" square of the orange card stock and a 4.25x5.5" black piece of card stock


-Get your inks and stamps ready to go


-ink and stamp your lilies with Wilted Violet distress oxide ink in a visual triangle


-then ink and stamp your open lily with Worn Lipstick Distress oxide ink...I stamped these in a triangle also...it's ok to over lap...as these are pigment inks and they will show over each other


-now ink and stamp your leaves with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink...I stamped these to fill in between my lily stamps


 -I then spritzed my images with my Distress sprayer...this oxdizes the ink and lightens it a bit...too cool

-I then dried my stamped images with my Marvy Heat tool


-I then grab my label dies and choose the 2 that fit my design


 -I first cut my design using a 4x5.25" stitched rectangle die(card mat dies) I then cut the largest label out of the center of my design...I then cut a white cougar piece of card stock into a 4 1/8 x 5 3/8" and I also cut the largest label from this...I then  applied Versamark ink to the edges of the rectangle and label...and applied Ranger Silver embossing powder and melted it with my Heat tool...now it will look like my whole layer is silver...except...it's not!!! I then cut the smaller label from the black licorice card stock and stamped my sentiment with Versamark after using my EK Success powder tool to avoid stray embossing powder. I then glued down my silver edges layer on my black card base...then added my stamped piece on top...I then glued my silver label to the cut out center and popped up my sentiment label with foam tape.


 -I then added white dots and doodles with my Signo white gel pen and then Scattered some Nuvo Crystal drops in Silver lining

Card 2 Tutorial

-grab your products

-First cut your orange fizz card stock ink a 4.25" square using a Stitched Square die
-Stamp your leaves in a visual triangle with Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink


-stamp your leaf in Vintage photo Distress Oxide ink in a visual triangle...I decided to omit the Fossilized amber

-then ink and stamp your leaf in Fired Brick Distress oxide ink


-now spritz your stamped image with your Ranger Distress sprayer and dry image with a heat tool


-Cut a 4 3/8" white cougar card stock piece and apply Versamark ink and then Ranger Princess gold embossing powder to the edge and melt with a heat tool


-Choose the label dies that best fit the image...cut the largest from Cougar white card stock and repeat the embossing process...then cut the smaller label out of orange card stock and apply EK powder tool and stamp your sentiment with Versamark and then use the same embossing powder and melt it with a heat tool

-Glue your embossed edge card stock on your card base...then add your orange stamped image and glue down...then glue down your embossed edge label...the pop up your orange embossed sentiment label with foam tape...then add dots with a Signo Gold gel pen and scatter Nuvo Crystal drops in Bright gold on your finished card

Recipe:

  1. CutCardStock-Pop Tones card stock-black licorice and orange fizz, Cougar white 80lb card stock, Signo white gel pen
  2. Jaded Blossom-Autumn Leaves, Label dies, Lilies, Super Sized Thank You, Love and Kindness, Card Mat dies, Stitched Square dies
  3. Distress Oxide ink-Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio, Worn Lipstick, Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick
  4. Ranger-Princess Gold and Silver Detail Embossing Powder
  5. Versamark ink
  6. EK Success Powder Tool
  7. Martha Stewart Scoring Board
  8. Fiskars Paper Trimmer
  9. Sizzix Vagabond Diecutting Machine
  10. Marvy Heat Tool
  11. Ranger Distress water sprayer
  12. Signo white and gold gel pens
  13. Nuvo Crystal Drops-Silver lining and Bright Gold

11 comments:

Lisa said...

They are both so stunning!! The colors are amazing!! Wow!! Love, love these!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Georgiana said...

Both are fabulous. I REALLY like the tutorials! They are helpful since I like to see how other crafters create their projects. I can usually pick up a quick tip.

Beckie Williams said...

I am in love with all your details. Both cards are just so pretty!!

Migdalia said...

Both are beautiful cards my friend!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Sukie said...

Very cool looking cards! I'm loving the new Oxide inks too!

Chriss America Real said...

These cards are so beautiful and elegant. I have marked this in my bookmarks so that I can come back and make the tutorial later! Thanks!

Hugs,
Chriss

Gerda said...

WOW, Lee-Ann!!!! Both cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! Love them both!!!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Annette Allen said...

wow your cards are gorgeous.. awesome designing.

Tracey said...

Really Beautiful.....great tutorials, thanks for sharing the techniques. I don't have any oxide inks..love the result on dark paper!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Wow...oh...WOW! These are just stunning! I love all the embossing, it is so rich and elegant. And, your inking looks fabulous. I love both of these gorgeous cards.

Nana said...

These are absolutely STUNNING!!!!!
Have a creative day.
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ My Crafting Channel Shop ♥