Friday, January 26, 2018

Love with CutCardStock.com



 It's time to share a little love with the world...Valentine's day is just around the corner...and I have another non traditional Valentine to share that I made with my new favorite color-Gravity Grape Astrobright-LOVE! The perfect purple! It's also on sale this month at CutCardStock.com. I saw a card on Instagram that had paper weaving on it...and I thought to myself-Lee-Ann-you have never done that-why? I decided to give weaving a try and loved the outcome-great texture and it adds a lot of interest to your focal point...the heart. Thanks for stopping by...Lee-Ann :)

**pan down to check out the tutorial and to see all the products that I used...click HERE to check out the CutCardStock.com blog and store


Tutorial:

-choose your products(CutCardStock.com)

-choose your dies and stamps(mine are from Jaded Blossom)

-cut a 4.25x11" piece of Basis white cover stock and score at 5.5" to make a vertical A2 size card base-cut a 4x5.25" rectangle of black eclipse Astrobright card stock using a die, then cut a heart centered in the upper portion of card...then cut strips of card stock...or use border dies like I did here
-I use a Vagabond die cutting machine to cut all my dies 

-I then used my black card stock piece with the heart cut as a stencil and traced the heart on my card base...this gives me a spot to make sure my weaving will fill the whole heart-I just weave like you do in kindergarten...I stuck with stripes instead of a checker board-I alternated the widths for some interest

-I then snipped of the edges of the stripes and glued the edges down using Nuvo glue

-I chose a sentiment and 2 stamps that look like decorative tape and positioned them on my card front(after I dusted the entire from with my EK Success powder tool to avoid stray embossing powder) and stamped with versamark ink using my Misti...then sprikled with Ranger embossing powder and melted the powder with my Marvy Heat tool

-I then attached my card from to the base with foam tape for some dimention

-I then cut some small heart dies with my Vagabond and Gravity Grape card stock and applied them in a visual triangle...and then added some Nuvo drops



Recipe:
  1. CutCardStock-Astrobright-gravity grape 65lb cover stock-HERE, Astrobright-eclipse black 80lb cover stock-HERE, Cougar white 80lb cover stock-HERE, Basis white 110lb cover stock-HERE
  2. Jaded Blossom-Valentine designer tapes, Valentine dies, Banner dies, Card mat dies, Border dies, Heart dies 1
  3. Versamark
  4. Ranger detail white embossing powder
  5. Nuvo Crystal Drops-simply white, crushed grape
  6. Nuvo Glitter Drops-white blizzard
  7. Misti stamping tool
  8. Foam tape
  9. Nuvo Glue
  10. Tim Holtz shears
  11. Vagabond die cutting tool
  12. EK Powder

9 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

Your paper weaving is awesome! What a fun card!

Nana said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the weaved heart.
Nana

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the heart and the colors!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Lisa said...

This is so creative and gorgeous!! The weaving looks amazing!! Wow!! Love this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beckie Williams said...

This is adorable!! I love the weaving!!

Scrapper69 said...

Very COOL & Unique! Love your card!

Theresa

Georgiana said...

Such a cool way to display the heart with weaving. That purple is a wonderful color.

Marilyn said...

Cute!! Ove the colors!

Migdalia said...

Beautiful card!! Love it my friend!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M