Monday, July 3, 2017

Congratulations



I don't know about you...but this year I seem to be needing Graduation cards galore...all my friends kids are growing up and graduating left and right. With that in mind...and CutCardStock's sale of all things silver and gold...I decided to challenge myself to make a silver graduation card. I even used an embossing folder...I always forget to use these...they really add a lovely texture to your cards. The only drawback to silver cards is that they are hard to photograph...but they have a serious wow factor. Be sure to pan down and check out my Pictorial on how to make this card and check out my Recipe list. Thanks for stopping by...Lee-Ann :)

**click HERE to check out the CutCardStock blog and store


 -first choose your products...I chose American Crafts Christmas Foil 6" pad and Basis white cover stock from CutCardStock for my card base and layers


-I then chose my dies and stamps from Jaded Blossom along with a Cuttlebug embossing folder


-I first cut a 8.5x11" piece of Basis white cover stock in half horizontally and then scored at 4.25" to give me an A2 card base(using my Fiskar's paper trimmer)...then I cut a piece with a rectangle die from Jaded Blossom at 3.75x5" and embossed it using my Kimberly's card embossing folder from Cuttlebug and my Vagabond Machine from Sizzix(I use this for all my die cutting and embossing folders)


-I then cut a silver layer at 4x5.25" with my Fiskar's trimmer...this will be my shadow layer...I then cut my stars and my grad hat from the center-waste not want not-no one will see...I also cut 2 star banners in silver...I did cut my tassel in white basis card stock


-I then gathered my sentiment from Jaded Blossom and my items that I need for heat embossing my sentiment. I treated my card stock with my EKSuccess powder tool...I then stamped my sentiment with Versamark ink, added my Ranger Silver detail embossing powder and melted it with my Marvy heat gun.

-I laid out all my card pieces and realized that I could use a silver bow...so I grabbed my Bow Easy(yeah...that's how my bows are always perfect)...and tied a small bow using 1/8" silver ribbon from Stampin up
-I then assembled my card using Multi Mat Medium glue and an ATG gun and foam tape to pop up my grad hat...and lastly added a sprinkling of Pretty Posh Clear Confetti mix and Nuvo Crystal drops in Simply White



Recipe:
  1. CutCardStock-Basis white cover stock, American Crafts Foil card stock 6" pad
  2. Jaded Blossom-Stitched Rectangle dies, School dies, Banner dies, Star dies and Simple Sayings stamp set
  3. Stampin Up Silver 1/8" ribbon
  4. Cuttlebug Embossing folder-Kimberly's card
  5. Ranger Detail Silver Embossing Folder
  6. Versamark ink
  7. Fiskars Paper Trimmer
  8. Vagabond Sizzix machine
  9. Ranger Multi Mat medium
  10. ATG tape gun
  11. EKSuccess powder tool
  12. Bow Easy
  13. Nuvo Crystal drops-Simple White
  14. Pretty Pink Posh-Clear Confetti mix
  15. Marvy Heat gun

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

WOW!! Gorgeous!!

Tracey said...

The silver does have a real "WOW" factor! Fabulous card :)

Crafting Katie said...

What a gorgeous card!!!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Lee-Ann Land sounds awesome, and I love the way your cards turned out!! Just stopping by to say you were a winner on the Scrap 'n Stamp blog for the Busy beaver hop!! Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning!! It's so elegant!! I love the design and the silver shimmer!! Beautiful, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beckie Williams said...

This is just so pretty! Great Job!!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow!!! Love, love this LeeAnn!!! Such a fun card and cool design!
Have a great day and happy 4th!
Sherrie K

Migdalia said...

Elegant & Beautiful!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez

Nana said...

Elegance at it's best.
Have a creative day.
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ My Crafting Channel Shop ♥