Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Winter Birthday with CutCardStock.com


Do you have any winter birthdays to craft for? I do...and luckily for me-Stardream Metallic card stock is on sale this month at CutCardStock.com. This glittery card stock is perfect for winter cards...I chose to use Sapphire and Crystal...GORGEOUS! Did you know that you can heat emboss on this card stock? Another reason why this stuff is the bomb! Thanks for stopping by...Lee-Ann :)

**pan down to check out all the products that I used and to see the tutorial on how to make this card for yourself
***click HERE to check out the CutCardStock,com blog


Card Tutorial:


-choose your products-I chose Stardream metallic Crystal card stock and Sapphire card stock from CutCardStock.com, I then cut an A2 vertical card base from Basis white coverstock...cut with a tonic paper trimmer and scored at 5.5" with a Martha Stewart score board and a teflon bone folder


-Choose your stamps and dies...mine are all from Jaded Blossom-I cut a 4x5.25" stitched rectangle die from Sapphire card stock and a 3.25x4.5" stitched rectangle die from Crystal card stock


-I then prepped my layer with my EKSuccess powder tool to stamp my snowflakes on my Crystal layer using Distress oxide ink in Faded Jeans...added Simon Says clear embossing powder and then melted that powder with my Marvy Heat tool


-here is the layer stamped and embossed...I didn't realize the pic was blurry...but I included it anyway...you get the just...


-collected all of my products to get my sentiment ready...cut my die shape(using my Vagabond die cutting machine) for the the sentiment with a candy wrap die from Jaded Blossom-used an EKSuccess powder tool on it, then stamped my sentiment using versamark ink...added my Ranger white embossing powder...and melted it with my Marvy Heat tool...I then added my blue layer with an ATG gun, popped up my white layer with 1 layer of foam tape, added my sentiment off to the right with foam tape, I cut off the excess with scissors...I then added my confetti and added Nuvo Glitter drops over the confetti and sprinkled over the card for some glitter



Recipe:

  1. CutCardStock.com-Stardream Metallic-Sapphire(HERE) and Crystal(HERE) 105lb card stock, Basis white cover stock 110lb(HERE)
  2. Jaded Blossom-Snowflakes stamp set, Card mat dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, So Many Birthdays 3 stamp set, Candy Wrap dies
  3. Nuvo Glitter drops-white blizzard
  4. Pretty Pink Posh-Sparkling Confetti mix
  5. Distress Oxide ink-faded jeans
  6. Simon Says Stamp-Detail Clear Embossing powder
  7. Versamark ink
  8. Ranger Fine Detail white embossing powder
  9. EK Success Powder tool
  10. Tonic paper trimmer
  11. Marvy Heat Tool
  12. Vagabond die cutting machine
  13. Martha Stewart Score board
  14. Teflon bone folder

6 comments:

Georgiana said...

LOVE that metallic blue cardstock. It is so pretty with those snowflakes!

Scrapper69 said...

It's simply Beautiful! Perfect for a winter Birthday!

Theresa

Beth F. said...

Oooo! What a gorgeous card!

Migdalia said...

I love the pretty snowflakes & background!! Gorgeous card my friend!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Caroline said...

Beautiful card :)

Gerda said...

This card is beautiful!! Have a great day.
Gerda