Monday, May 2, 2011

You're the best!

Another Father's Day card bites the dust!! I made this one for my Dad...AKA Gramps. When I was a teen...I was always mortified by the  vehicles my father drove. He wore a tie to work every day and came home to immediately change into grimey overalls and hit the  garage. He loved to work on cars or trucks. He used to fix them up and drive them. As a teen I always used to die if he chose to drive me in one of these old...partially finnished vehicles. I used to say...PLEASE Dad...drop me off on the corner...I'll walk the rest of the way. One time he insisted on dropping me off...right in front of the Highschool. The truck back fired...everybody looked as I slunk out of the truck. Now when I think about it...I laugh...I was so self centered...only caring how other teens saw me. If only we had adult brains when we had our teen aged bodies. Maybe cheezies, a coke and a persian wouldn't have been my fav choice for lunch every day. Some things just aren't important. This truck cut reminded me of that old truck...although that truck was red and rusted and partially bongoed(filled)...yikes!

ps-a persian is a cinnimon swirled donut with pink icing...invented and can only be purchased in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada. The persian makes up for our cold, snow filled winters.

Recipe:
  • Island Mist Double dot Bo Bunny cardstock
  • Imaginisce-Animal Crakers-Kaboom paper
  • teal, white and black Bazzill
  • tiny yellow scrap
  • Bo Bunny buttons-Persuasion line
  • pewter brads
  • DMC 840 floss
  • CTMH-brown rick rack, black ink and inside sentiment
  • heart punch
  • Stampin' Up slot punch
  • Kraftin' Kimmie sentiment card front
  • Cricut Cart-Nifty Fifties(truck cut at 2")

2 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So fun! I love the great paper!

Bananastamper said...

I LOVE this old truck card! Old vehicles were a thing in my family too! My Papa is a Studebaker dealer! Such a great card!